Greater Michigan Construction Academy Scholarships
Each year, the GMCA offers a limited number of scholarships for students and individuals pursuing post-secondary skilled trade’s education and training.
Each scholarship covers the cost of tuition and books for the students first year (two 18 week semesters) of a craft training curriculum that’s provided by GMCA. These scholarships are available for individuals who received their diploma the year of the scholarship offering or the year prior.
The classes offered at the Greater Michigan Construction Academy are accredited by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) organization. For application forms, see the link to the right.
Scholarship Application Documents
Scholarship Award Criteria
- Applicant must be receiving a high school diploma or GED within a year of your application.
- GPA and high school attendance will be used as applicant evaluation criteria.
- Applicant must have official copies of high school or GED transcripts and attendance report submitted with their scholarship application to Greater Michigan Construction Academy.
- Applicant must be pursuing post-secondary education and training in a skilled trades program.
- Scholarship must be used to attend the Greater Michigan Construction Academy for one of the specific Craft training programs being offered at time of enrollment.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who may or may not have financial need.
- Recipient of scholarship(s) must adhere to all Greater Michigan Construction Academy Policies and Procedures. Failure to do so will result in loss of scholarship.
- Award is restricted to one year and must be used in the academic year following the announcement of the recipient.
- Applicant will be evaluated in the following areas: GPA/GED, work/life skills, high school attendance record, honors/awards, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicant must submit two completed Applicant Reference Forms (provided in Scholarship Application Packet) with their scholarship application to Greater Michigan Construction Academy. These references should provide insight into the applicant’s character and accomplishments and must be from non-relatives. The Applicant Reference Forms provided must be used for the references. No other reference letters will be accepted.
- Applicant must submit a completed and signed application form to Greater Michigan Construction Academy.
- All materials required for this scholarship (application form, transcripts, reference forms) must reach Greater Michigan Construction Academy by no later than 5:00 pm, Thursday, March 8, 2018. Applications received after that deadline will not be considered.
For Further Scholarship Questions Contact:
Skilled Trades training has benefited me by opening up opportunities at different companies that wouldn’t even take a second look if I hadn’t had a formal, post-secondary education. It gives me a leg up on anyone who just has a high school diploma.
Primary Communities Served