Military and Veterans
Building Trades Training For Veterans
We are a military friendly school! Greater Michigan Construction Academy is committed to helping returning military transition into rewarding, high-wage construction careers through its program of training and assessments.
Receive credit for your military training!
If you have construction related experience from your time in the military, you can apply that training directly to propel you on your path toward becoming a journey-level craft professional. http://veterans.byf.org/
We offer job placement!
GMCA offers job placement assistance for those are looking for work in their related training field.
What’s your next step?
- Call our in-house military liaison, Karyn Darnton, at 855-832-8879 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She’s eager to meet you and answer any questions you may have!
- We encourage you to come take a tour of GMCA! Visit our labs, classrooms, and learn more about the training we offer.
- Submit an enrollment form (online, mail, or in person).
- Verify if you are eligible to receive credit for your military training.
- New students attend a free mandatory drug screening at GMCA. You will be notified if you did not pass.
- An invoice will be emailed to you within two weeks. The invoice must be paid in full before the first night of class. Payments may be made on our website, over the phone, and at the office. We accept VA benefits.
- On the first night of class please arrive 15 minutes early for book pickup. Please bring a pen and wear closed-toed shoes.
Skilled Trades training has benefited me by opening up opportunities at different companies that wouldn’t even take a second look if I hadn’t had a formal, post-secondary education. It gives me a leg up on anyone who just has a high school diploma.
Primary Communities Served